“Bulletproof Spirit – Emotional Survival and Wellness Strategies” will provide essential wellness information to promote officer survivability and protection against the many adverse effects of the profession. Suicide is the #1 cause of officer death with another estimated 120,000 (nearly 1 in 5) working with PTSD. Students will learn effective methods to process stress, overcome trauma, proactive strategies to protect and heal their spirit to maintain mental – emotional – and physical fitness, and ways to maintain their motivation and professionalism while serving to protect and give life to others with compassion, integrity, and good health.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand what PTSD is and effective ways to mitigate its effects
- Understand how the job is inherently toxic and can significantly affect your health and wellness,your relationships, and the quality of your life.
- Identify the 9 warning signs that the job has adversely affected you.
- Identify over 20 proactive emotional survival and wellness strategies.
- Identify ways to promote emotional survival among your colleagues, your agency, and within yourself.