About The Course
–Bulletproof Spirit: Trauma, PTSD, and the Process of Healing is comprised of two distinct classes:
- One is a 4-hour course for any police officer or first responder, including Corrections (plus supervisors and managers).
- The 2nd course is an 8-hour class specific for supervisors, managers, and agency heads.
Both courses are taught in person anywhere in North America. In addition – the 4-hour course is also available as an online course through the International Academy of Public Safety.
Bulletproof Spirit: Trauma, PTSD and the Process of Healing provides proactive – evidence-based practical wellness strategies to strengthen resiliency and enhance mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual wellness. Attendees learn effective methods to process stress, overcome daily work traumas, heal from traumas, and to remain highly motivated and driven with heart-centered service to make a meaningful difference within the nobility of public service.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the nature of work traumas and how they can injure our brain causing Post-traumatic stress, as well as cause us to become isolated, detached, disengaged, depressed, angry, burned out, ill, distressed, non-communicative.
- Identify 10 warning signs that the job has adversely affected you.
- Identify over 20 proactive emotional survival and wellness strategies.
- Identify ways to promote emotional survival and wellness among your colleagues, your agency, and within yourself.
- Understand the extremely effective treatment for Post-traumatic stress, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) that can save your life.
- Effective methods to strengthen resiliency in mind, emotions, body, and spirit.
- Effectively use (or create) Peer Support and other vital resources and services.
- Identify principles and ways to promote personal and organizational wellness.
- Understand the nature of hyper-vigilance and ways to mitigate its harmful effects.
- Learn practical methods of restoration such as Heartmath’s self-regulating principles, mindfulness meditation, and several others.
- June 29-30, 2021 – Florence, S. Carolina
- July 01, 2021 – Myrtle Beach, S. Carolina – School Resource Officer conf.
- August 11, 2021 – Jamestown, North Dakota
- August 19, 2021 – San Diego SRO Conference
- September 16, 2021 – Missouri Executives
- September 21, 2021 – CCPOA – San Diego
- September 23, 2021 – Indianapolis, Indiana region
- September 29–October 2, 2021 – Society of Police and Criminologists conference – Arlington, Texas
- October 8-9, 2021 – Santa Clara County, CA Sheriffs Office
- October 14, 2021 – Logan Utah
- November 4, 2021 – San Diego Regional Training Institute seminar
- November 18, 2021 – San Bernardino Probation