About The Course
Bulletproof Spirit: Trauma Recovery, Resilience, and Wellness provides proactive – evidence-based practical wellness strategies to strengthen resiliency and enhance mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual wellness.
Attendees learn effective methods to process stress, overcome daily work traumas, heal from traumas, and to remain highly motivated and driven with heart-centered service to make a meaningful difference within the nobility of public service.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the nature of work traumas and how they can injure our brain causing Post-traumatic stress, as well as cause us to become isolated, detached, disengaged, depressed, angry, burned out, ill, distressed, non-communicative.
- Identify 10 warning signs that the job has adversely affected you.
- Identify over 20 proactive emotional survival and wellness strategies.
- Identify ways to promote emotional survival and wellness among your colleagues, your agency, and within yourself.
- Understand the extremely effective treatment for Post-traumatic stress, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) that can save your life.
- Effective methods to strengthen resiliency in mind, emotions, body, and spirit.
- Effectively use (or create) Peer Support and other vital resources and services.
- Identify principles and ways to promote personal and organizational wellness.
- Understand the nature of hyper-vigilance and ways to mitigate its harmful effects.
- Learn practical methods of restoration such as Heartmath’s self-regulating principles, mindfulness meditation, and several others.
–Bulletproof Spirit: Trauma Recovery, Resilience, and Wellness is an innovative, evidence-based training course for the enhancement of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellness and resilience. The proactive wellness strategies enable trauma recovery, healing, peace, and purpose in doing the greatest good for personal and organizational wellness, positive community impact, and personal fulfillment.
Two classes offered:
- 4-hour course for any peace officer or first responder, including Corrections (plus supervisors and managers).
- 7-hour course specific for supervisors, managers, and agency executives.
Both courses can be hosted by any agency in North America and are taught in person by the author. In addition – the 4-hour course is also available as an online class through the International Academy of Public Safety.